List of affordable home dandruff remedies
Luckily, you have clicked on right article, here in this write up I am gonna share few best home dandruff remedies, that you can choose from as per availability of ingredients and your convenience of time.
Furious off those disgusting white flakes on your shoulders?? Well who loves dandruff; I am sure no one on this earth.
The itching sensation that comes along with it, is something that makes it more horrible and even embarrassing sometimes, especially when you are confronting social life.
Another thing I can assure is, you wouldn’t regret after studying this article that you wasted your time because the entire ingredients will be readily available in your kitchen or grocery stock for preparing almost all of the below-mentioned home dandruff remedies.
I have tried to collect 5 best home dandruff remedies that are effective and gives long-lasting results. But, before we delve into methods to prepare those remedies, let us discuss a little about the source and causes of dandruff.
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff is a very common scalp disorder which is generally seen in all most all age group people, be a toddler or your old age grandma. The root cause for dandruff is dry scalp, which may be because of many reasons i.e.
- Fungus infection.
- Excessive or less washing of hair
- Excessive or irregular brushing of hair
- Poor Food habits
- Poor Hygiene
The good news is that dandruff can be controlled naturally, we are blessed enough to have Ayurveda knowledge with us, then why should we go to allopathy or other medical treatments, isn’t it?
Following now let’s discuss 5 best home dandruff remedies to ensure lasting results while saving our money and time:
1) Neem Leaves
Neem is effective in treating scalp infections including dandruff, it is one of the home dandruff remedies, which is cheap & best. The regular use of neem water or neem leave will ensure a healthy scalp and long heavy locks.
- Take around 1 liters of water and Boil a handful of neem leaves in it.
- Keep boiling for 5 minutes and turn off the flame. Strain the water into another utensil and let it cool completely.
- Use this water for final rinse after you are done with your shampoo.
- You may use this twice or thrice a week or it is better to make it as part of your shampoo routine.
2) Coconut oil and Lemon juice
Everyone is aware of medicinal properties of coconut oil especially for hair health, mostly it is said to be used for long and lustrous hair but have you ever heard it can also cure dandruff issue, Yes, it does. Lemon juice has inflammatory properties and also helps in curbing dandruff problem, the mixture of 2 can result magically good, let’s see how to use this:
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix with half lemon juice.
- Massage your roots and scalp with it for around 15 minutes with soft hands.
- Let it sit for around 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to rinse this off.
Yogurt or curt is not just a treat to taste buds or your stomach but it helps in curing various health issues, that’s why it is often used home dandruff remedies and is being suggested since ages from generation to generation.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of curd.
- Whisk it well to make a smooth paste.
- Rub it into roots and scalp all over.
- Let it sit for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Wash off hair with some mild shampoo.
Better to wear a shower cap to cover your head, as the curd will leave water within few minutes and it could be a messy experience for you.
4) Multani Mitti Hair Pack
Multani mitti not just makes your face beautiful it also helps to restore hair health. This simple home dandruff remedy will ensure soft, silky and dandruff-free hair.
- Take 3-4 tablespoon of Multani mitti, mix half lemon juice and water, to make a thick paste.
- Gently rub this paste on your hair and scalp.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with Luke warm water or use a mild shampoo.
5 ) Tea Tree Oil n apple cider vinegar
Tea tree oil is another popular and easy available kitchen ingredient, widely used to fight with the dandruff problem. It is counted as very effective among other home dandruff remedies to see desired results, Follow the step given below to treat dandruff problem at home easily:
- Take equal amount of tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar say about 3 tablespoons of each.
- Add 1.5 tablespoon of water.
- Gently massage your scalp and hair roots with this mixture.
- Let it sit for around 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Use at least twice a week.
Some other suggestions
- Always keep your hair brushes and combs clean, fix a schedule to wash them with mild shampoo/detergent and let dry in direct sunlight.
- Keep them in a lidded box or pouch i.e. something that can be covered and keep your combs safe from dust and other environmental bacteria.
- Never ever share your comb/hair brushes with anyone.
- Avoid using the hair dryer on regular basis, and keep it on low temperate while using, regular exposure to hot air will make your scalp dry and can result in dandruff.
Whenever you see white flakes on your clothes or in your hair, don’t avoid it, take it seriously and start working on it. Do share your experience or suggestion that could help someone to deal with the dandruff problem.
The Sole Purpose Of This Article Is To Provide Basic Information About The Treatments Of Ayurveda. It Is Advisable To Confirm N Consult With An Expert Health Professional Before Using Any Of These As A Solution To Your Problem If You Have Any Acute Or Chronic Health Issues. Check With Your Physician Before Taking Any Herbs Or Kitchen Ingredients When Pregnant Or Nursing.